Thursday, March 12, 2009

More Projects and Updates


I started painting the front room today. I got the main color mostly finished. I still have to do a few touchups though. I also have to finish the wall on the left. I am painting a slightly darker color in a diamond design over the main color. I saw it in a model home once and totally loved it. I just hope I can do it right. Then I have to do a second coat of the main color on that wall too.
I really like the color I chose. I think it will end up looking so nice. It is really hard to tell how even the paint is in this room because of the way the sun shines in and reflects.

I also sort of finished Josi's french memo board finally. I gave up on finding a dark enough brown ribbon for it and went with pink and white. I also sewed on 3 little butterfly buttons. Initially I was going to use just the 3 butterflies and use something else on the rest of it, but I think the butterflies are so cute, I will get more of them to finish it.
I am not sure it I will keep her letters hanging from it. I really like it except that they don't sit on the wall flush, so they twist a little bit. I just used some pink pins from my sewing stuff to hold them on the board. I also need to print some pictures of her to put on the board. I am so pleased with how it turned out.

My garden is also growing. Most of the corn has come up and I saw a couple of tomatoes too. Just waiting for peppers, the watermelon, cucumbers and cantelope. I am going to plant zucchini too, but I haven't decided where yet.

2 comments:

Dad said...

Doesn't it feel good to know that you are the one that was able to do it. A lot of people would rather pay someone else to do it, what satisfaction is there in that? Keep up the good work.

Lysha said...

come do my room!