Wednesday, March 11, 2009

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

Okay, Naners, if you are reading this before mom comes to see you, then you really should stop. Or you can read on and spoil the sorta surprise. Everyone else can read on, if you choose to. I recently took on the project of making crib bedding for my little sister, Janae, who is due to have her first child in April. A little boy they will name Collan. They are doing his room in earth tones and a jungle theme. I finally finished today and tried it out on Hyrum's crib. He doesn't sleep in it anymore, but we really don't have anywhere to put it until we put some shelves in the garage, so we have just left it up in his room.
The first two pictures were really dark and I lightened them, so the colors seem a little off now.



This is more like the real colors, depending on the light. Sometimes the polka dots are brown and sometimes they look more green.

Here is a close-up of the cute little jungle animals.


At times they were a real pain in the bootie to make, but that was just because of the serger I was using for the first time. Mostly it was fun. I am afraid the colors won't be right, but it was the best I could find and it was just so cute. I hope she likes them!

3 comments:

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

They look good. :) I have got to get her quilt done. I think it's around the same color green and then it has dark brown. I can't believe she's due in a month! :)

Lysha said...

thats way cute! so you gonna make me baby stuff when i have a kid? (which wont be for a looooong time, trust you me :P )

Amy said...

so cute! i love the patterns on the fabrics :)