Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Success of a Sort


I have three little watermelons. I hope they grow!

The radishes and beets I planted have sprouted. However, something is eating them. The beets have no leaves and several of the radishes have been ravaged. I need to get some Diatomaceous Earth to kill the little suckers.




My beans are doing great. They are getting loaded with blossoms and I am really looking forward to fresh green beans. Yum! And don't they just look beautiful in the morning sun!



And I think the greatest success is my fresh corn! One ear is absolutely perfect aside from being a little short. The normal sized ear is a little under pollinated, and then the itty bitty one is totally naked on one half (the bottom side).The puny ear was from a plant that grew from last years corn that I tried to plant, so it was probably a genetic thing passed on by last years puny ears. I hope it tastes as good as it looks.



1 comment:

Dad said...

You are probably aware that corn should be planted in a patch rather than a single row. It helps that pollination thing happen better. But you knew that didn't you!!!!