Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Garden Progress


Here it is. Some of the corn is getting taller. I actually got a green pepper that was a little bigger; it was almost 2 inches. The beans are starting to vine up the tomato cages. I planted a few more herbs to replace the ones that died while I was away. The water melon is growing more too, has a few blossoms, hopefully it will get some fruit. I have one volunteer tomato plant hiding behind one of the bean plants that is still growing. It grew from one of the tomatoes that died while I was gone. I planted some radishes, beets, lettuce and spinach as well as some more beans and peas. The weather is finally cool enough the last week, that I think these cool weather plants will thrive. We have actually had the windows open during the day it is so nice.

1 comment:

Robinette Family said...

It's hard for me to believe you are gardening in OCTOBER! Everything here is dying...except for the pumpkins!