Monday, October 26, 2009

More doll clothes

So I decided to just edit this post instead of a writing a whole new post.
I made another outfit today and it took me most of the day. I can't believe that Josi hasn't caught me yet. This one is for Josi's boy baby.
Onesie:
This is actually the last part of the outfit that I made, but it goes on first so...
I just down-sized a real baby onesie. It never fit either of the kids right, so I just gave it to them to play with. Today I just made it fit the doll.

Jeans:
This is what took me all day. I really shouldn't have put so much detail into them (they are just for a doll) but I couldn't help myself. They just need a fastener on the front, like everything else I have made. I didn't have any denim, so I used this stretch twill I had.
Jeans- back:
I even put on little pockets :)

Jacket:
And this is what I made first thing this morning. This was fabric I had saved ( to make Josi a pair of shorts with it, but never got around to) when I turned a pair of sweatpants into shorts. The string is from the blinds. Kinda lame, but I saved the strings when I shortened the pull cords. I knew I could use them for something! I was going to make matching pants, but I accidentally cut out one of the pieces wrong and didn't have enough to fix it. That was when I decided to make the jeans.



So, it is after 11pm and I just finished another doll outfit. I was laying in bed and had the thoughts of how to make some jammies and I didn't want to lose it by tomorrow. So I got up and made them. Again, I just used the original outfit as the basis and adapted it. I think it took me an hour to figure out the feety part, but after that it went together pretty easy.



I really like they way they turned out. I just need to add some snaps and they are all done. And of course this was all just leftovers from jammies I made Josi once.

3 comments:

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

You and Janae just amaze me. I'm definitely a pattern/recipe girl and have a really hard time doing anything without them. You guys just seem to be natural at making things. She came over and made Collan's Halloween costume and it looks awesome. You must get some of it from your mom. :)

Lysha said...

stop being so amazing! you're making us all look bad! :)

Kathleen said...

Ah, it appears that that I am not alone in using the "A" word to describe you, Jayme :) These outfits are incredible and I know Josi will love them. I will try to send a care package off this weekend of sewing odds & ends that I saved over the years and couldn't bring myself to throw away. Now I know why!!