Monday, October 26, 2009

Christmas gifts

I was trying to think of what I could give to Josi and Hyrum for Christmas this year, that wouldn't cost much. I finally though of making some clothes for her baby doll with fabric that I already have. Here is the first outfit that I made today. I don't have any patterns, so I just used the outfit that the doll came with as a template and re-designed it to make this shirt and overalls. I had to change it a little in the middle because it didn't fit right; luckily it needed to be smaller, not bigger.
I made a little t-shirt and overalls.
I need to add a few snaps or buttons in a few places, but those I don't have.

Back view.
And a headband. I learned how to make these cute flowers at our Relief Society Super Saturday this weekend. I just made a smaller version and sewed it onto the headband. For the center I had some little fabric flowers for scrapbooking and the button was an extra with a sweater Josi had.

So, so far I haven't spent any money. Maybe I can bum a few little buttons from my mom :) She has a million of them.

4 comments:

Andrew B. said...

eww... creepy doll.

Amberly said...

super, super, super cute!! and so resourceful, copying the already-existing outfit. nice job!

Rebekah said...

Love the little outfits. So cute. Josi is going to love her new doll clothes, come Christmas.

Dad said...

May Andy be blessed with only girls so that he too can enjoy all of the wonders of parenting. Good work Jayme. You could always take buttons off of Ben's old shirts.