Yeah! I completely finished my sprinklers yesterday. The trench is all filled in and everything. Here is are three pictures put together so you can see the whole yard. That patch of green in the middle is grass from seed I planted this winter. I need to dig up the first few inches of the dirt in the whole yard so that the grass will spread. I figure since our front yard went from no grass to totally filled-in in just a year without me planting anything, we could do the same to the back yard. I will take a few plugs of the bermuda grass from the front yard and plant them around the back yard and water it and see how it goes. In the fall I will overseed again with the winter grass(fescue).
Josi is pretty excited because she is one step closer to getting a swimming pool. Everytime we go to Target or the grocery store she tells me she needs one of those hard plastic pools they have. She knows now that she has to wait for grass and sprinklers. Here are the sprinklers for the garden. I decided to leave them above ground so I can till it if I ever get a tiller. I decided I needed to put the garden sprinklers on the timer too, so that I can go out of town this summer and not have to rely on Ben to water it. You can see my corn against the wall. It is about a foot tall now. I am going to have to "cheat" and buy some plants next month. I planted tomatoes and peppers and a few melons, but I only had one little tomato plant that came up. I don't know why. It was down on the side of the row, not on top of it either. 
Here is my most recent harvest. I picked them this morning. The carrots are about 5 or 6 inches long. And my beets should be ready in a couple of weeks. I pulled up a few a couple of weeks ago, but they weren't as big as they seemed.
Here is my most recent harvest. I picked them this morning. The carrots are about 5 or 6 inches long. And my beets should be ready in a couple of weeks. I pulled up a few a couple of weeks ago, but they weren't as big as they seemed.



3 comments:
You are amazing. I was just telling Matt the other night that I wished you were closer so you couls help me figure out what to do with my flower beds. You would think that I would have it all figured out after being in this house for 5 years, but I don't. Matt can't beleive that you put in the sprinklers, I think that he about fell on the floor. He must forget that I didn't help much because I was 7 mos. pregnant when he did ours.
you are amazing!
I GOT TO SEE THEM TURN ON and let me tell any of you reading her post, they work and it's much more impressive in person. SHE IS AMAZING!
I am not sure Ben realizes how lucky he is. Jayme, remember how I lowered my bar at Easter....you should lower yours for a bit! LOL
that lawn needs a lot of love haha everything else looks great!
Post a Comment