Thursday, April 16, 2009

More Painting

This year for my birthday, Karin gave me service. She said she would help me paint stripes in Hyrum's room. All I had to do was choose the colors and she would take care of the rest of it. Today we were finally able to do it. She came over after she took the boys to school and stopped to buy the paint at Lowes. Then we taped it and started painting. It was pretty fun. It took us about 41/2 hours to do it all. And it was perfect weather for it. Nice and cool, but sunny so we could have the window open for ventilation. After she left I put up the wall decals I had gotten when we first moved here. I had used some of the surf boards on Hyrums fan almost a year ago.



Above his door I put "Hawaii" and a surf board. Tomorrow when the paint is totally dry, I will put his surfboard clock back up right in the middle of those stripes to the left of the door and I have a hibiscus flower table runner I found at Target (love that store) that I had in the middle of the wall on the right side of the door.
Here, above his closet door, I put a palm tree and two surf boards. That wall on the right side is the same one in the picture above that the clock goes on (for orientation purposes).
There is a window on the left from this picture that will have curtains made from red and yellow hawaiian print fabric, courtesy of Aunt Nae. It is still one piece, but I am going to cut it in half and put a backing on it to help keep the light out when they are closed.




And above his bed I put "Surf's Up" and the smaller palm trees and surf board decals. This wall is opposite his closet. Some day I will get some cute fabric that matches the surf motif to make him some sheets for his bed and maybe find a cute lamp that goes along.
I think it all turned out so awesome. Thank you so much Karin, I love it! It wouldn't have gotten done for a long time if you hadn't given me this thoughtful gift. And now I am excited to do Josi's when some of my other projects are finished. Maybe for her birthday when it has cooled off again.


5 comments:

Dad said...

I take it you are still waiting for your furniture to be delivered?

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

It looks awesome. :)

jayme said...

We are still waiting for our furniture. The 21st will be 8 weeks and they guy at the furniture store said usually 8-10 weeks but he felt confident in saying 6-8 weeks because so few people were buying furniture lately.

Karin said...

LOOOOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

this kid in my geometry class is hawaiin/phillipino and he wears quicksilver all the time 'cause its a really popular thing in hawaii. just in case you wanted to know..
T