Saturday, November 7, 2009

A few More Outfits

Okay, so I am at the end of my doll clothes Christmas project. I finished that last few things I wanted to make for Josi, with the exception of a diaper bag, which I haven't completely decided I want to make yet. So, anyway...

This is the dress I made. It was really a pain because the fabric frays really easy. I am a little scared that, even though I serged all of the edges, it is going to fall apart with a little rugrat tugging it on and off of the doll. We'll see.
Josi had a Christmas dress made out of this 2 years ago. And the sheer stuff on top I got as a remnant. I am going to make Josi a dress this year with it and it was wide enough, that I used the opposite edge for this. Believe it or not, this is the plainer of the edges.
A few of the details. I made a headband for it and I sewed little buttons on the cuffs to look like they button shut. You can't really see them in the picture I think.

Jammies for the girl baby. Josi had jammies just like these once.

This outfit I made for a friend.
I sewed little buttons on that I found on clearance at Hobby Lobby! The shirt actually snaps up though. Easier for little fingers. I will do the same with the blue shirt I made.


Cargo pockets. They snap shut too.

And the pies de resistance....
Little briefs! So cute.





3 comments:

The Malone's said...

Can I just say WE LOVE IT. Jonas is thrilled Baby has a new outfit and is often chaning it. Plus he gets a kick out of the underpants. He thinks they are so fun. You are great!

Ashlee said...

I am so very impressed! I was glad Jackie blogged about this or I would have missed it!

Amy said...

Ah ha i love the little briefs. The clothes look so nice.