Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Readin', Writin' and 'Rithmetic

I have been testing out homeschooling Josi. I have found a couple of websites that have lots of worksheets you can print for math and writing. I have also gotten a few booklets from the dollar store that have different themes like Disney or Carebears.
Here she is working on addition using M&Ms. She loves using M&Ms because she can eat them afterward.
You can see by the look on her face how much she enjoys doing her schoolwork. She really gets into it. She has a backpack she got from Hailey (her cousin) and she keeps all of her books and pencils in it.

She is quite good at math. She really understands it. She is still having a hard time understanding adding and subtracting zero, though. But it is coming to her.
We have also started learning to read. She is mostly just memorizing short words and we work on sounding out the bigger words. We will have to get a video of her reading up soon. I can't believe how big she is getting!

2 comments:

Lysha said...

She is getting so old!! she shouldnt be to that point yet. I wont allow it.

Dad said...

good efforts for both of you. Thanks for keeping us informed on your family.