Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fun Hair Day


Today I decided to something fun with my hair. It started as just a doubled ponytail with the end sticking out on top. But I turned it into this cute bun with the ends sticking out all around. This picture isn't the best. Hyrum was the photographer.


The other day Ben said I should try to do Josi's hair in all-over braids. Most days she just runs around with a tangly mess on her head, because she just won't keep hairbands in. I'll put them in when we go to the store or church or whatever, but as soon as we get home, she pulls them out.
I finally sat down with her today and braided it all. Her hair is so fine, it only took a couple of hours. She looks kind of bald.
I decided to put it all in a ponytail to keep the unruly ones in place. I think it turned out pretty cute. I'm not sure how to secure all of the ends though. I just used hair-snot (gel) for now, but I don't know how long it will last.

Of course, Hyrum had to get in on the fun too. So I used my hair-snot to give him a fauxhawk.

What should we do to Papi's hair when he gets home :)? Just Kidding, babe!




5 comments:

Amy said...

so cute! i do wonder what will happen to our little girls hair if we have any. they'll have to go to their aunties for decent hair do's

Sterling Family said...

for the ends of the braids, you can get teeny little rubber band type things that wont get stuck in her hair but hold tiny ponytails and such in place nicely. you can get them at target in lots of colors or clear. and imagine her hair in itsy bitsy rag curls :)

Janae' said...

Jayme, You must of been the one that called me!! I just moved and can barely get reception and we don't have a phone. I heard something about braids and didn't know who it was.. Just email me. I am so sorry, I just figured it out.. Janae'

Karin said...

Love your pony! your hair color is so pretty too!
Josi's is darling...she must have been so patient for you to do this. and of course, Hyrum looks so handsome.

Kathleen said...

All the 'dos' look great! Rick, being a typical guy, was more amazed by Hyrum's ability with a camera :)