Monday, August 3, 2009

Coming Along

So far the grass in our back yard has been filling in pretty good, for my planting method. I have just been transplanting runners that have taken root where they shouldn't be,and moved them into the back yard. All of this grass started as a tiny little clump or even just one little runner at most 8 inches long. This back corner really took off while I was gone. Back in that corner is where the drip line ends. I left the end exposed with a cap on it so that when I finally get to build my retaining wall, I don't have to dig to extend the drip line. I just have to put on a coupler, run the line down through the planter and then back fill with my free fill dirt I will get off of craigslist. Well, the end cap shot off while I was gone. So every time the dripline ran, that corner got flooded. The grass and weeds loved it and this time, most of the plants on that line survived.
This is the view from our dining room window. If you squint and focus just on that corner it looks really good. It gives me hope for the lawn.

These shots are both taken from our balcony, so it all looks really small. The largest spots are actually between 4 and 5 feet at their widest spot. So far the grass is just in the corners and right next to the patio. Despite the heat (112 today in Phoenix), it is all doing really well. I have planted some more little runners in the middle. Hopefully they will start to take off as well and fill in more. I am also hoping the rainy season will come soon and help out.

This is the best photo. (remember to squint and only focus on the green :) The green is quite accurate in this one. The other pictures look too yellow because it is so bright outside.


1 comment:

Lysha said...

you should go have a picnic on your patch of grass. See if everyone can fit on it :P