And yesterday I picked these two tiny little tomatoes. The chapstick is just for size reference. I didn't realize I was planting a miniature garden. The bigger one is from a "patio plant" that I thought were cherry tomatoes when I bought them. So it is between the size of a regular tomato and a cherry tomato. The tiny one is about the size of a grape tomato. I thought that plant would be a roma tomato when it started getting tomatoes on it, but I guess they are just grape tomatoes. I don't mind, I love grape tomatoes. And there are several plants that are regular romas, they just have green tomatoes right now.
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Tiny Harvest
First of all, I got my curtain rods so now my curtains are up. I just have to hem the bottoms now. I really like how they turned out. They really add color to the room. Now I just have to make a few pillows. I didn't have enough fabric left over, like I thought I would though, so I will have to get some more.
Now to my current harvest. I was able to get 5 ears of corn off of my plants last week. They are tiny though. They were only about the length of half a normal ear, but they were the same diameter. I don't think I planted mini corns, but they all were. They tasted really yummy though. Maybe they were stunted by the chlorine water that leeched over into our yard from our neighbors pool either leaking or just draining.

And yesterday I picked these two tiny little tomatoes. The chapstick is just for size reference. I didn't realize I was planting a miniature garden. The bigger one is from a "patio plant" that I thought were cherry tomatoes when I bought them. So it is between the size of a regular tomato and a cherry tomato. The tiny one is about the size of a grape tomato. I thought that plant would be a roma tomato when it started getting tomatoes on it, but I guess they are just grape tomatoes. I don't mind, I love grape tomatoes. And there are several plants that are regular romas, they just have green tomatoes right now.
And yesterday I picked these two tiny little tomatoes. The chapstick is just for size reference. I didn't realize I was planting a miniature garden. The bigger one is from a "patio plant" that I thought were cherry tomatoes when I bought them. So it is between the size of a regular tomato and a cherry tomato. The tiny one is about the size of a grape tomato. I thought that plant would be a roma tomato when it started getting tomatoes on it, but I guess they are just grape tomatoes. I don't mind, I love grape tomatoes. And there are several plants that are regular romas, they just have green tomatoes right now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
lol I love your minature garden! Your room looks really nice.
Love the cutains! You did a fabulous job Jayme!
Danny can't decide what style of curtains he likes, but I think I found the material for ours. You inspire me. :) We finally got the wall painted.
I can't wait for harvest time here. I have a ways to go, but I read your blogs about your garden and it gets me all ecxited about it. :)
Love your mini harvest...they look sooooo yummy.
Your rod looks great. I love the room. It was so fun to sit in and visit with you Sunday! Your furniture is dreamy!!!
how funny that they grew small :D your curtains really do give more life to the room. it looks very nice. hope to see it in person one day!
your curtains look fantastic! so fun to come across your blog!
The house and garden are amazing - just like the woman who made it all happen . . .
Love,
MOM
Post a Comment