Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Water Fun

It has been really hot this week. Upper nineties and it is just getting hotter. Yesterday I got an email inviting us to go play at one of the parks near us this morning. I decided we should go so the kids could have a little social interaction with other kids. We don't get out much. So at 9:30 we got all lubed up with sun block and in their new summer outfits we got yesterday.


The park had a splash pad that sprayed water up in the air. The "floor" was made of recycled rubber so they wouldn't slip or get hurt if they fell. At first they were a little wary of the water. It had been a while since we had been to a water park. But the other kids quickly showed them what to do.





They got the hang of it pretty quick. Hyrum would jump in the puddles in the intervals between the water works.





They both ended up going all out. Josi skipped all around singing.


Hyrum eventually would even stand in the streams of water.

My little water babies were the wettest kids there. Next time we will have to wear our swimsuits and I would get out there too.

6 comments:

Lysha said...

that little Josi is gonna be a heart breaker for sure. why couldnt i have gotten beautiful blue eyes? geeez.

Andrew B. said...

Can't wait for our trip to Washington. Will be good to get to know the kids again.

Sterling Family said...

i miss them toooo! come see me!!!

Karin said...

Looks like so much fun! I ditto that comment about Josi's eyes, they are BEAUTIFUL. So are Hyrums!

Amy said...

How's Josi's swimming skills coming along? not that it matters for the park. I just remember her in her little arm things :)

jayme said...

Her swimming skills are about the same. She hasn't had much opportunity to learn. We don't have a pool at our disposal anytime we want. I might put her in swim lessons this summer. I hear they fill up fast though.