Saturday, May 16, 2009

Girl's Night Out

Last night our ward had a girl's night out salon/spa because this weekend was the father/son campout. We did our nails and had facials, had snacks... girl stuff. Josi was so excited to go. As soon as Ben got home she was in the garage telling him what we were doing and that it was just for girls, no boys! At the end we had a Project Runway style fashion show. We broke into 5 teams and each team got 2 bags of items that we had to create 2 outfits with.



Josi was one of the models. She fits better into a garbage sack than any of the adults did. Here is in the middle of the design process. This was a face she was pulling all night long. She had gotten laughs the first few times, and like any 4 year old, she kept hamming it up. Our bag consisted of garbage sacks, tissue paper, double sided tape, toilet paper, clothes pins, ribbon, yarn, hawaiian leis, and safety pins.
Part of our team was a lady that I met while we owned our video store. I hadn't seen her since we sold the store, but she was there last night. I was really good to see her again. She and I worked on this dress together.



There is Josi 5th from the left or 6th from the right. Our other model is to her left. I had little to do with her outfit. This was the judging of the designs.


Here is our finished product. Josi was a great model. She got a chocolate bar for it. Our design won! That is a garbage bag and tissue paper on her head, held on with a rubber band. Her dress is a garbage sack held together with clothes pins. Her belt and sleeves are tissue paper. She has a toilet paper train that you can see in the top picture. She was ready for a day at the Kentucky Derby or a night at a grand gala. Such a cutie. I was told I was in charge of Halloween costumes by a lady in our ward. It was really fun. Josi had a ball.

5 comments:

Andrew B. said...

Can't say that i would be jealous if i was ben, but at least you guys had fun.

Amy said...

i think the dress looks great. especially for what you had to work with

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

I agree about the costumes. On top of all of the things you could do and are good at, you should open up a costume shop and then do custom ones for your nephews that you love so much. ;

Karin said...

Josi can make anything look good!
you are so creative...AGAIN!

what a fun idea for father's and sons. We should have got together! My boys were gone at Fathers and sons the same night! too cowinkydink!

Kristin said...

OH my gosh she is so adorable! I can't believe your talent. AMAZING!!