Saturday, May 2, 2009

Easter

I finally took the time to get the easter pictures off of Ben's phone. We took them at the church on our way in. We (of course) were late and didn't have our regular camera, but I wanted to get some pictures while they still looked fresh. I am glad we did, because after church Josi's curls had relaxed some and Hyrum's hair was all fuzzy. I made Josi's dress and Hyrum's tie. It was so fun to make. I even hand mad all of the pink edging, bias tape and piping for the dress and dyed the lace under the skirt to match. It surprised even me at how well it turned out. It is my second favorite that I have made.
They do love each other sometimes!

The best part about this dress is that Josi loves it. All of the others I have made her, she was either too young to care or she hated wearing because she said it was itchy. I think because all of the seams were unfinished. This dress I finally had a serger to finish the edges. Thank you mommy and, ultimately, daddy for giving my mom a new serger for Christmas that made it so my mom had 1 serger too many!

What a handsome little dude! I was going to make him a bow tie at first, but I thought it would be fun to try a necktie. I just took apart a clip-on that he had and use it as a pattern, then put it back together. Instead of this one being a clip on, it has a strip that goes through the tie and clips in the back. It made it look more like a regular tie.


It was so sunny they couldn't open their eyes, but they just look so cute!



3 comments:

Lysha said...

they are so adorable!

Karin said...

wow Jayme, those turned out so great! I am glad I got to see them on them instead of just on the hanger...they make those look GOOOOOD. =) You are truly talented!

Amy said...

lovely job on the dress Jayme, it looks real cute on her.