Saturday, May 9, 2009

At long last

Woohoo! We finally got our front room furniture. I guess it had been ready for a while, but the guy at the La-Z-Boy store messed up our phone number so they couldn't call us. I finally called to check on it and we were just now able to go get it today. We decided to save the delivery fees and get them ourselves since the pick-up location was across the street from Ben's work.


Here is a somewhat elevated view from one angle.
We got a sofa and two chairs. (The other chair is behind that half wall.) We definately need some color in there now. But it does have that "celestial room" feeling Ben always said he wanted that room to have. I have a few things that I need to get framed and put up.





If anyone ever feels like splurging and spoiling me I really want a copy of "Prayer at Valley Forge" for that room. Just a print of it in the size I want is about $100. You would have to really love me! :)
I love this painting. It was painted by the same guy, Arnold Friberg, that painted all of those Book of Mormon paintings they had on display at the Conference Center. You can read about it here. I will put a copy of the 'Declaration of Independence' on one side and 'The Family, A Proclamation' on the other side, which I already have.










And here is the view from another angle. The diamonds can be seen in this one. There's the other chair! I can't get a much better picture. That half wall is in the way.




Here is one of the chairs so you can see that shape. The kiddos had to get in on the photo action. We are leaving the plastic on them until the novelty of them wears off of the kids a little. They were climbing all over them and jumping on them, so I am glad we did.






And a close up of their cute mugs.












And the sofa, for the shape. I really like them. They are pretty much exactly what I wanted. We had found some at Ikea that I liked, but when we went back to get them, they were gone. They had been discontinued. It worked out good though, 'cause I like these better and I think they will hold up better too.

4 comments:

Janae' said...

Ok, You are soooo brave!! I could NEVER have white furniture at my house!! Pretty though..

Sterling Family said...

when your all done with your house you can get me one and decorate it too :)

Mnisa said...

I love the way things are coming together, so pretty! I had to comment and let you know that I want the same picture in my house too. I've had the spot for it ready now for 4 years and it is still empty (cost is the reason). Hopefully someday I will own it :) Again, beautiful job decorating and I love the red curtains too!

jayme said...

Yeah, I did find a site that has them for "just" $95 for a 17 x 27 lithograph print and it seems to be a pretty legit site, as direct from the artist as there is. http://www.fribergfineart.com/en/The-Prayer-at-Valley-Forge/Open-Edition-Unframed/PVF-Gallery-Print---17x27---No-Env---GW-Quote/11134.aspx It comes with a plaque that has a quote from George Washington that embodies exactly why I love the painting.