This is our little garden that I planted back in October & November. I have Brussel sprouts and beets on the far left, peas on the top (only one snow pea plant and one sugar snap plant; I will have to try again and plant a lot more seeds next fall), Spinach on the next row, radishes and lettuce on the third row (only a couple of lettuce plants actually sprouted where they were planted. Most of them got washed all over the place.) The bottom row has more beets and carrots.
It is time to plant the summer veggies, like corn and tomatoes, so I had to expand my garden.
First I had to dig it all up and get out all of the weeds and grass. There were plenty of them.
Next I made hills so that I can flood irrigate and keep the water just in the garden.
Now the seeds have been planted and watered. Sweet corn in the two rows on the left, roma tomatoes in the next two rows and grape tomatoes in the row on the far right.
Josi and Hyrum both wanted to help, but Hyrum mostly squashed my beets and brussel sprouts. He walked right down the middle of the row. Such a stinker. I think they will be okay though.
Josi helped me build the hills and weed a little.
Here she is trying to dig up some weeds. This is how that whole patch looked before I dug it up.
This is my first real harvest. I have gotten a couple of peas and one radish at a time, but I actually can make a salad out of this for dinner tonight. Yeah! The regular sugar snap peas have been really tiny for some reason; only one or two peas per pod. That is two little pods between the lettuce and the radishes. They were really tasty though.



5 comments:
Beautiful Garden!! I'm hoping I'll do better this year. I got nice tomatoes and peppers. I also love your Beatles music!
i want those radishes :) i dont get many vegetables around here... :(
looks great! you will have to show me how to garden things if Andy and i ever get a yard to do it in. how was the salad?!
WOW! I did not even know you could harvest a garden there. Way to go. The kids are so cute. Were the radishes moist? Some of mine were really dry probably did not get enough water to that section. Great job Paula
I am so Jealous I won't be able to even start a garden for another 3 months.
Post a Comment