Friday, January 16, 2009

My Little Man

My little boy is growing up so fast. Too fast! You may remember a few months back I kind of started potty training Hyrum. I would put him in training underwear with plastic pants over them (so he didn't ruin my new carpet) but I just ended up washing a lot of underwear and he would end up in a diaper pretty quick because he didn't have anymore clean underwear. Well, he just wasn't ready then, I guess, so I mostly gave up. Occasionally I would ask him if he needed to go and I would put him on the toilet before he got in the bath, but mostly we stopped. I think he is finally ready! Just yesterday he told me before he messed in his diaper that he needed to go potty, and he did go in the toilet. Then today we were shopping and I found these totally cute boxer briefs on clearance in his size so I got them for him. He is so scrawny though, they almost fall off of him.

After we got home he wanted to put them on and I let him, but I told him that if he want potty in them, he couldn't put on the other pair, he would have to put a diaper back on. About an hour later he came upstair naked from the waist down and he told me he peed. So I sent him to get a diaper while I nervously went down to check what he had peed on. To my surprise, I found his dry underwear and pants on the floor. However, in the bathroom I found a puddle on the floor by the toilet and smears on the toilet seat (#2 :). He had gotten on the toilet himself, and gone potty, just overshot the toilet seat. He hasn't learned to wipe himself yet so when he got down he left streaks. Despite the big mess, I was so proud of him. He finally gets it! Let's hope it sticks now.

7 comments:

cody said...

That is sooo cute!! I love him!! This post scares me!! Hyrum is going to be potty trained fully before Rylan, what is my problem!! holy moly !! I am a horrible mother! Rylan better get on the ball!! Tomorrow I am out the door getting the boxers!! that is the anwser!! Thank you Jayme!! I hope it works!! love you girl! Juls

Andrew B. said...

well jeez... we're missing everything. We'll make sure to come visit this spring.

Amy said...

Precious :D cant wait till we get to have these exciting times. Yes visit us! And we'll plan some time to visit you guys too. Missed you guys this Christmas :)

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

That's awesome. :) Good luck, I hope it sticks. I'm not really looking forward to potty training Kaleb, but he seems a lot more interested because of Kleyn, so that might help. He looks so cute in those! :)

Karin said...

YIPPEE!
That is soooo awesome. He's so independant. He is always amazing us. What a cutie. That's about how bad Noah still looks in his boxer briefs. Thank heaven for elastic!

KAT said...

Adorable - there is no other word - just simply adorable!!

Lysha said...

nice UNDIES! woot woot