Saturday, November 8, 2008

Hyrum's 2nd Birthday

For Hyrum's Birthday we had pizza and let the kids play Mario Kart by themselves. Hyrum rarely gets to play it. He is just so little still. He was so happy that we let him do it by himself.

I made an ice cream cake for him. This was my first. I decided a little late to do it, so I didn't get to let it set up enough between layers so it was a little melty. The next day it was much more yummy.


When we started singing happy birthday to him he was a little embarrassed. It was so cute.



He liked his icecream cake so much, he licked the bowl clean.



Hyrum got two Veggie Tales DVDs from Grandma and Grandpa Baird, 'Cars' jumbo crayons from us and 'Word World' playdough with fruit molds with the money that Nana sent him.

He was so excited by it all.


THANK YOU NANA, GRANDMA AND GRANDPA!

The molds are so cute. Each fruit is made up of the letters that spell the word.

5 comments:

Andrew B. said...

He's growing up so fast!

KAT said...

So glad 'The Dude' loved all his gifts. He looks incredibly happy! Love the 'shy' picture of Hyrum. Give him our love -

Nana & Papa

Diane said...

Happy Birthday, and what a cutie... Your cake looks good. I have never made an Ice cream Cake. Good job!

Sar Bear said...

mmmm...cake...

The Old Man said...

What a cute grandson I have! Serriously, he is soooo fun!