Friday, November 28, 2008

Josi's 4th Birthday

For Josi's birthday she wanted to go to the theatre to watch Bolt. Unfortunately it didn't come out until the next week. She settled for Madagascar 2, which she was still super excited about. The kids and I went and had a lot of fun. It was really cute.
I also decided to give the icecream cake another shot. This time I decided to put real cake in it, not just icecream. So Josi picked out the cake mix, which was strawberry and I used strawberry swirl icecream. She found a tinkerbell candle in the baking section when she picked out her cake so I got that for her too.
My second attempt turned out much better and I also gave myself more time.


She got Sleeping Beauty from us, a couple of Dora card games and Strawberry Shortcake figurines from Grandma and Grandpa Baird and she chose this horse with her money from Nana.


She is so happy to be 4. She tells everyone that she comes across, including the cashiers at every store we go to that she is four now. She tells me all of the things she can do now that she is bigger because she is four. Wow, I can't believe I have a 4-year old.

4 comments:

KAT said...

I'm glad Josi was able to pick out something she liked for her birthday - she looks so happy to be 4. And the cake looks great!!

I can't believe you have a 4 year old either! Or that I have a (almost) 28 year old :) I remember how overcome Ben was with joy at those first cries of this beautiful daughter - such sweet memories.

Can't wait to see everyone - only a few more days and I can make final plans!

Love to all -

Ruthann said...

I know what you mean. My little girl actually goes to Kindergarten next year. I'm sure I will cry. I can't believe she is so old.

Tami said...

Jayme, I have to give you major pros for your ice cream cakes. It is not an easy task. Yours turned out much mor uniform in shape than mine did. I will have to learn your tecnique.

Lokks like Josie had a great birthday.

Amy said...

Happy late birthday josi :) give her some kisses from us