Friday, October 31, 2008

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

These next few blogs are catch-up blogs. If I don't do them now, I probably never will. The beginning of the month Ben and I had the opportunity to go to Canada with his work as a special trip to reward all of the managers and their spouses in the company for all of their hard work. Not all of them get to go. It was pretty fun. Karin watched the kids for us and we got to have a grown-up weekend. We got there Thursday afternoon and our baggage got there a couple of hours later. That night we had dinner at the Hockey Hall of Fame. We didn't take any pictures, because neither of us really care for hockey, we just had to be there. The food was pretty good though; we had fajitas. The next day was the big trip day. We all went on a bus trip to a vineyard where they make ice wine and had a really, super delicious lunch. It included Butternut Squash soup, Vodka Smoked Salmon, and a yummy cut of beef that I can't remember the name of. For dessert they had several choices and I chose a pistachio pear torte that was really yummy. Next we went to Niagra Falls another hour away. It was pretty neat. Then we went on "The Maid of the Mist" which is a ferry-like boat that takes you into the middle of the horseshoe falls part of Niagra Falls. It was amazing. It was so powerful the boat had it's engine going full blast just to stay still in the middle. And you are there almost completely surrounded by the falls. They give you these little blue plastic rain ponchos because you get totally drenched by the mist coming off of the falls. I will have to add pictures later because, after I had made sure to empty the storage card in the camera and plugged the battery in to make sure it was fully charged, I left the battery in the charger at the hotel and so I only took a few pictures with my phone camera. I am still trying to figure out how to get the pictures off my phone without paying to text each picture. We got to hang out and walk around the area for a while then got back on the buses and headed to a dinner theatre for dinner. It was called Oh Canada, Eh. It was kinda funny and the food was so, so; it was probably the low point of the day, but still fun.

No comments: