Friday, August 1, 2008

A Day Behind

So, I took our car in yesterday to get the AC fixed. I took it in at 10am and got a ride to my brothers apartment, where we spent the whole day. At 5pm I hadn't heard from the dealership service department yet so I called to see what was going on. The lady that answered couldn't find the guy that knew, so I called again at 6pm. By then they were just closing up but he told me what needed to be done and that I should be really glad that it was all still under warranty ($2200 repair, yikes!) Thank heaven for warranties. The only trouble was they didn't have all of the parts there and they couldn't call to see if anyone else had the parts because they all closed at 6 too. He said if no body had the parts and they had to order them, they wouldn't have them until next Thursday. So the day ended with me pretty upset, because I can't really stay that long, but there is no way I could drive down to Arizona without AC. I was even crying on the phone with the repair guy, pretty embarassing, but I couldn't hold it back.
Well, this morning I got a call and they told me that they had found a place in Salt Lake that did have the parts they needed and I could bring it in today and they would get it done. What a huge relief! So, now the plan is to leave tomorrow morning and hopefully get to Phoenix that night. Everyone please pray for us that we don't have any car troubles and that Hyrum doesn't get car sick! I know we will need it. We can't wait to see Karin's family again.

3 comments:

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

You are definitely in our prayers. I hope everything works out well and I wish there was something more I could do. Let us know when you get home safely. :) Love you guys.

Janae' said...

Oh my goodness you poor thing. I will remember to pray for you..

Kristin said...

That is so sad. I am sorry girl. hang in there. :)