Saturday, July 26, 2008
Orange Cremecicles
Janae' this is in response to your heat advice. Yesterday we went to the Tautphus Park Zoo in Idaho Falls. It was me and Josi and Hyrum, my sister-in-law, Kaelynn and her two kids, Kleyn and Kaleb, and my sister, Alysha. It was overcast when we left the house so we were all wearing jeans and socks and shoes instead of shorts and sandals. It was really fun, and I will blog that later. By the end of the trip, the sun had come out and it was in the mid to upper ninties (guessing, didn't have a thermometer). We were all hot and sweaty and ready for a dip in the kiddie pool. We stopped at the grocery store for a few things and decided orange creamcicles sounded really yummy. We opened them when we got to the car, just for the adults, too messy for the kids. Well, as I started the car, I remembered that my A/C and powersteering were not working because the belt broke because of a larger problem(underwarranty, but dealership can't get the part for a week, yippee!). So, I need both hands to steer, I also had to shift, the other adults are in a different car, because we wouldn't all fit in one, so I hand my cremecicle to Josi in the back seat. Within minutes, her hands were all orange and sticky and she didn't want it anymore. I didn't have the wipes because we put everything in one backpack, which was in the other car. I had three napkins in the jockeybox, I used one to take the cremesicle and ate it all in two bites(except the napkin), used another to sort of wipe my hands and contain the meltyness as much as I could and handed the last napkin to Josi. It didn't do the trick, it just stuck to Josi's hands. I couldn't do anything, because I didn't have any wipes, so she sat with her hands stuck in a napkin 'til we got to the house, which, by the way, is in rural Idaho Falls (Osgood), about 10-15 minutes from town. By the time we got home she had fallen asleep and was all sweaty. I ran in, grabbed the wipes, cleaned her up and then put her in bed, still asleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
LOL... Thanks that was cute...
that is hilarious, you paint a perfect picture!
Post a Comment