Sunday, July 20, 2008

New Family


This is my brother, Andy, and his beautiful wife Amy. This weekend was their wedding.

Saturday morning they had a semi-traditional Chinese Tea Ceremony. It was only semi because our family was involved and, well, we aren't Chinese. But, they wanted us to be included. The tea ceremony consists of them serving tea to all of their elders. Aunts, uncles, parents, grandparents, and older siblings and their spouses.
They also mixed it up with the traditional American wedding. They had a flower-girl, ring bearer, etc.







Josi was asked to be the flower girl and the ring bearer was Amy's cousin Kenny. Kenny and Josi were so cute together.


Here is a picture of Josi holding the maid of honor's bouquet during the tea ceremony. She is taking a little break from her duties. She just ate it all up. She loved it and once the ceremony started, she never left Amy's side.


Hyrum had to inspect the ice and spent quite a bit of time with it. Everybody said that he was in the family business.


This is all of our family with them. Amy's sister was the maid of honor, so she is in the picture too. Ben wasn't able to be there in the morning.



That night they had a dinner/reception at a Chinese restaurant with a 10 course meal. The food was delicious and consisted of everything from chicken, pork, crab and shrimp to calamari (squid), jellyfish and sea cucumber. The dessert was coconut milk with cantelope and honeydew melon pieces in it.

The entertainment for the evening was provided by the guests. No surprise, there was kareoke at an Asian wedding. It was so much fun. My sisters and I (and a couple of cranky little boys) dedicated "The Lady in Red" for our new sister-in-law because she wore a gorgeous red dress at the dinner (seen below). We also sang "Rainbow Connection" with Josi. Later several of us sang "Dancing Queen" for Andy. Ben even joined us for that.

























Josi loves her cousin, Kleyn, and they ran around the restaurant most of the night, trying to get the balloons down from the ceiling.



WELCOME TO THE FAMILY AMY!!

5 comments:

Janae' said...

I am so glad you updated your blog. Your kids are so cute and fun to watch.

Danny and Kaelynn Baird said...

You sure are on the ball. :) You used most of the pictures I will use, too. I'm so glad to have all of you as family and so glad to have so many awesome sister-in-laws! Thanks for letting me sing with you guys. We had tons of fun.

Sar Bear said...

Yeah I totally vote we include karaoke at all our get togethers, cause lets face it we are AWESOME! P.S. I'll be stealing pictures too! :)

Mandy said...

I got it to work! I miss your family so much! Andy looks really happy and his wife is beautiful!

Karin said...

Josi is the most beautiful flower girl and I love that chinese dress too. I love the story of Hyrum and the ice!
I miss you all, when are you coming home?
We are home now. It's not that hot here! High is 104 today. Come back!