Monday, June 21, 2010

Sardines

    Well, we have all of our stuff now. We have put as much as we can in our little 2-bedroom apartment and crammed the rest into the garage. I am gradually unpacking boxes and repacking anything that isn't something that will be needed everyday. I plan on needing to hunt things down from time to time as the need for something packed away arises. I am still missing some things so I will have to go through the boxes in the garage I thought could just be stored. We were able to fit both our black couches and white furniture in here. The white couch and the black couch and loveseat are tightly fit into the front room. The white chairs are in our room. They all took a beating in the move. Luckily we wrapped the white ones or they would have been much worse. The black ones definately wouldn't sell for what they could have before we moved. Fortunately most of the damage is in the back so you can't see it went it's set against a wall. 
   I have found that with only one car that is with Ben all day and only the bank within walking distance, for a 5 and 3 year old, that I am spending much less money. We do our shopping on Saturday only so there are much fewer impulse buys.
   I have been running still a few days a week and find it a nice way to de-stress in the evenings when Ben gets home and can watch the little hooligans that are our children. (You can keep up with my running on my running blog, but you will need to be invited, so just leave your email in a comment here if you would like to read it.)   My mom used to always say that she just didn't understand women that couldn't wait to be away from their children; she always wanted us around and there were seven of us. I think now that she has had my kids under the same roof with her for nearly a month, she understands the need to have at least an hour without them.  Don't get me wrong, I love my little boogers and do miss them immensly when I am apart from them. But they have so much energy and just can't seem to release it all no matter what they do. Thankfully, they still require naps everyday to keep them from getting grumpy during the second half of the day and they sleep for ten hours every night. They are almost always very happy and loud and very inquisitive. They have to know everything that is going on with everybody. And now they are stuck in our tiny apartment with few chances to go outside because of all of the rain we get here in the Seattle area. When they do get to go out, we have only a small common area for a yard and you can never be sure how long you will have because even when it is sunny out, it could rain at anytime. This only intensifies the effect of their energy.
I told Josi this morning that it was the first day of summer today. She was very excited and asked, "does that mean it's not going to rain all the day?"  I didn't want to crush her spirit, so I told her that it probably wouldn't rain as much. Well, I best get back to unpacking somemore.

2 comments:

Lysha said...

yeah. as much as i love rain, i hate having it everyday. i love the occasional thunder storms here in idaho. i think thats when i learned to love rain, when it was a rare occurrence...

Anonymous said...

I'd love to keep up with your blog :)Let me know if you guys have the website for my baby.
-Jen Chasse
jen.chasse@comcast.net