Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Summer Fun

So we have been in Vancouver, Washington for the last week visiting with my family. I drove from Phoenix to Salt Lake on Friday and met up with Andy and Amy, then drove on to Idaho Falls that night. We spent the night at Danny's. Saturday he changed my brakes for me and then I took Naners and her new baby, Collan with us and we caravaned up to Washington. It was a long trip made even longer by the fact that Andy was hauling Alysha's (my great- grandpa's) 1955 Dodge pickup behind his truck. The fastest we could go was about 63 mph. It went pretty well though. The kids were all mostly happy the whole trip which was mostly thanks to Curious George, Tinkerbell, Hercules and a good collection of songs from Disney movies. The first couple of days we just spent recuperating from the trip.
On Tuesday we made a trip up to Multnomah Falls. I was the only one that had been there before. The kids had a ball and walked most of the 3 miles up and back. The way down was a bit steep for Hyrum's little legs so he got passed around. Josi even got a piggy-back ride in a few places.
It was a fun trip. I love the Northwest wilderness!


We had 5 of 7 of us kids there and one spouse (I am behind the camera). Andy and my dad the hobby photographers got the good pictures, so I will have to post some more pictures when they share.

1 comment:

Amy said...

you can pick up pics on ur way home :D