Thursday, December 11, 2008

Early Christmas

Christmas came a little early for me this year. Ben decided that he wanted to buy the car I have wanted since I was in highschool for me. He went and bought it on Monday and was going to surprise me on Christmas day. Then he got a little nervous about what my reaction would be, so he tried to feel it out a little and got the opposite reaction he was hoping for. I was trying to be the responsible adult by saying I would rather just pay off the car we have, rather than start all over with another one. Of course, that is easy to say when I think that the possibility of getting the car of my dreams is years in the future. So, then he showed me the keys and said, I guess I will take these back then. I quickly started to back-peddle on my earlier declarations of not wanting to get a new car, especially when I learned it was a Toyota 4Runner.




I LOVE IT!!
So, last night we went to pick it up and traded-in our Lancer. What a sweet husband I have! Now I don't feel so bad going over our budget for his gift :)




9 comments:

cody said...

Congrats!! OR Merry Christmas!! IT is beautiful!! I love it!!

Lysha said...

sweet! now you can come see me in your fancy new car!!! yay! i want a car for christmas.....:)

Janae' said...

Wow, that is nice!! I like it. It will last forever!! Todd and I are still driving his Toyota 4 Runner from 1988. Has almost 400,000 miles on it...

KAT said...

Way to go, Ben!!! Jayme, enjoy the car - and all the love that goes with it. Anyone who reads this blog can tell how much you love each other :)

Kristin said...

YAY!! We are twins now. I love my 4 runner. The vehicle of my dreams as well. congrats!!

Karin said...

That is one sweet ride!
I guess you can be a North Carolina fan with Eric & I now!
It's Beautiful!
Can't wait to see it next week.
I can't tell you how excited we are to spend the holidays with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And I can't wait to see your amazing christmas card too.

Amy said...

Go ben go! Hows it handle? Ready to race with my SUV? haha. Merry Christmas, miss you guys much.

jayme said...

It handles really well. I am still getting used to the change from a little 5 speed to a big automatic.

Ashlee said...

Lucky you!